How long is your spindle idle while changing parts on a Bridge Mill?
...an hour ...two hours?
We can get it running in MINUTES!
In recent years we’ve expanded our line of pallet changers to accommodate the need for large precision parts machined to tight tolerances for the aerospace, energy, automotive, military, power generation, oil and gas industries. These jobs cause significant spindle downtime due to the long and involved process of heavy, large part change over. When combined with crane loading, first article inspection and job interruption tasks, the machining center can be idle for 30 minutes... an hour... two hours? Your large Vertical Bridge Mill or Double Column Machining Center can be idle up to 70% of the time.
MIDACO manufactures pallet changers which adapt to virtually ANY brand and model machining center, including large bridge mills, with travels up to 190” x 72” (4826mm x 1829mm) and with a weight capacity of up to 32,000 lbs (14,528 kg). Automatic Pallet Systems are easily installed on the right side or the left side of a VMC, or both sides for machines which do not move in Y-Axis. Once a pallet or load of parts is complete, the next pallet or job is transferred into the machine automatically from our side mounted shuttle onto the receiver mounted to the VMC table. Because all part loading and job set-up tasks are performed offline (without the operator having to lean into or climb onto the machine) both productivity and ergonomics is maximized.
Large (and small) Automatic Pallet Changer models offer a Light Curtain Guarding option with light emitters, mirrors and sensors.
Automatic Pallet Changers are servo driven and are designed to offer a fast pallet change time along with these additional benefits:
- Decrease in load time by changing parts outside of the machine tool.
- No overhead obstructions for your crane access.
- Operator is not leaning into or climbing around inside a machine tool to clamp and fixture parts on the VMC table.
- With multiple dedicated pallets you have additional set-ups available for your diverse machining needs.
- Don't allow your machine to sit idle up to 70% of the time. Keep the spindle running!
The Automatic Pallet Changer line offers large capacity machines such as:
- Single Shuttle Systems mounted on the right or left side of a VMC with 2 pallets up to 150” x 31” (3,810mm x 787mm) and 8,000 lb (3,632 kg) load capacity receiver (with parts evenly distributed).
- Dual Shuttle Systems (one mounted on each side of the machine) with a total of 4 pallets up to 150” x 31” (3,810mm x 787mm) and 8,000 lb (3,632 kg) load capacity receiver (with parts evenly distributed).
- Single/Dual Shuttle Systems with a total of 2 pallets for machines that do not move in Y-axis, up to 190” x 88” (4,826mm x 2,235mm) pallet size and 32,000 lb (14,528 kg) load capacity receiver (with parts evenly distributed).
Your VMC can do MORE with MIDACO!
MIDACO offers a full line of Automation Solutions to fit your Machining Centers
- Manual Pallet Changer System
- Pallet sizes from 12.75"x 10.5" (234mm x 267mm) up to 60" x 25" (1,524mm x 635mm)
- Up to 1,000 lb (454 kg) weight capacity (2,000 lb optional upgrade)
- Automatic Pallet Changer System
- Pallet sizes from 22" x 14" (229mm x 356mm) up to 190" x 88" (4,826mm x 2,235mm)
- Up to 32,000 lb (14,528 kg) weight capacity (with parts evenly distributed).
- Automatic Multi-Pallet Changer System for 5-axis machining
- 19 stations each with a 10" (254mm) dia. round pallet
- Trunnion System for 4th Axis machining
- No Cable Management Needed
- Turn your Vertical into a Horizontal
- Automatic Door System
- For single and double doors
- Operator ergonomic benefits
- Ideal for robot loader applications